Sunday, April 20, 2008

5 foods to eat for a healthy diet

I keep on dieting ever since I gained weight. I don’t know why I eat more when people noticed that I loose weight. Now I am determined to loose more because I already loose 5lbs. As I browse to yahoo today, I saw this video clip on what foods you need to eat everyday. These foods include whole grains, green leafy vegetables, peanuts/seeds, low fat milks/ yogurts and tea. So what are these foods?

According to Wikipedia - whole grains are cereal grains that retain the bran and germ as well as the endosperm, in contrast to refined grains, which retain only the endosperm. Whole-meal products are made from whole-grain flour. Whole grains has lots of vitamins and minerals that help reduce the incidence of some forms of cancer, digestive system diseases, gum disease, coronary heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. - Mmmm, I will take more of these so that I can loose weight fast.



Green Leafy Vegetables on the other side are also called potherbs, greens, or leafy greens, are plant leaves eaten as a vegetable, sometimes accompanied by tender petioles and shoots. It is also a good source of many vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy, like vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium. – I seldom eat vegetables. It is because I don’t like their tastes but I will try to eat them.



Peanut/Seed is a species in the legume family. This is my favorite because they say that eating these will make you intelligent.



Low fat milks and Yogurt - milks and yogurt gives you energy. Non-fat milk, also called skim milk, is cow milk from which the fat content has been removed. I really love drinking non-fat milk because of its tastes and nutrition.



Tea is the second most popular beverage in the world. Only water is rated higher in world consumption than tea. Tea contains small quantities of tannic compounds technically called polyphenols (not tannic acid used in tanning leather), vitamin A, B2, C, D, K, and P, plus a number of minerals in trace amounts and also aromatic oils. As everybody knows, tea helps in loosing weight. Waaaahhh!! I really don’t like how the tea tastes. But still I will try to help me reduce weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates