Sunday, May 6, 2012

My hongkong trip

I am so blessed that i have a good job with good pay ( ehem!!) because of this I am able to go places.

One of my favorite destinations is Hongkong. I so love this country. The country is small but it is clean and beautiful not to mention its cold too.

It was funny though and i can't help to smile or laugh everytime I remember my experience on my departure date. Prior to my departure, i keep on thinking( it took me 1 whole day) to decide wether I want to pursue my trip or not. I was alone. Its my gift to my self after my hard work. I need a break!! hahaha!

Oh well, going back, my departure time is 5:40 in the morning of May 14, 2010. 1 day prior to that date,my things arent packed yet. Around 12am of May 14, I decided to pack my things and headed to the airport. I just texted my parents and my brother that im on my way to the airport to go to HK. They were shocked! Yes, you read it right, they were shocked because they didnt know about my trip until that time. They can't do anything about it so they just told me to take care.

I reached the airport 4:45am. I immediately go to the counter to board. The lady gave me my boarding pass but told me to pay the travel tax that costs 1650Php that time. The line for travel tax is horrible. it was too long. Keep in mind that my flight is 5:40 am and im still waiting for my turn to pay the travel tax around 5am. The lady from the counter helped me get out of there so after that, i paid the terminal fee 750php (it's 550Php now )and went ahead to the immigration. The officer asks a lot of questions when a guy keeps on shouting "Passengers going to HK, please go to the gate immediately". So i told the officer to make it quick - im the last passenger to board the plane. i ran to the gate without my shoes on because after the immigration- they will scan all of your things, will ask to remove your shoes , belts etc. Wheeew! that was close.. hahaha! the plane almost left me.. hahaha! It was a 2 hour flight. I reached HK around 8am. The airport is nice, big and clean. I went to the rest room first because I need to pee, when im done this was all i saw. I am alone. I dont know where to go. I keep on asking myself- how can i get out of this airport???



Oh well i manage to get out of it because i followed those businessmen. But when I see that they're waiting for a train, i was like- äm I in the right direction??? but yeas- im in the right direction. I managed to go to the immigration, pass it and when Im about to get out of the airport - the officer call me and told me to follow them. I was wondering why. He asked if Im alone- they get my luggage - and hold my passport. They check my bag if I have drugs with me. They told me that its part of their security check since there are lots of Filipino Drug Mugul who goes to their country.

The good thing about the HK airport??? You can choose your transportation once you get out of it. They have trains and busses. I took the train going to Kowloon, and then ride the bus going to Tsim tsa Tsui. I stayed in one of the hostels there, its called Hopp In. Hop Inn is located in hankow street in tsim sha tsui. You can visit their website by clicking this link Hop Inn. It was also chosen as the Travelers' Choice 2012 Winner by Trip advisor as one of the trendiest hostel in China division. The owner and the staff of the hostel is very nice and accomodating.

What I did in HK? I sleep. hahaha! Just kidding. I went to places and walked a lot. The bad thing about my trip??? i don't have my camera with me. But i managed to took some photos using my mobile phone. here are some pictures:









My over all stay in HK was wonderful.Even though I am alone during that time, still I enjoyed my stay. I will go back there for sure. It's just that - I don't know when. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates